May 13, 2016

...with a little help from my friends


hi. I actually wrote this all out over a week ago and only just realized that it didn't get published; it got lost in translation. Here is my second attempt:

As you may or may not know, I have been having quite a rough time since moving to Pittsburgh. I knew I was going to miss my Memphis friends dearly, but I didn't quite realize how desperately! And then they go and do something wonderful that, even though it's not the same as being together, helps me to get by.

For my birthday (good old 38 now), I received the following:


From my dear friends, Keli and Curt: a Cracker Barrel gift card so that I can treat myself to my favorite, rainbow trout. Even though Keli swears she won't eat trout unless she has fished it out of the river herself, she tolerates my lack of a discerning palate in the trout department. I love it that you guys thought of me, now I just wish I had you here to go with me!

My darling kate: a giant tub of cheesy poofs as a reminder of one of my favorite girls nights ever - I do believe it was sort of for Katie's bday and the movie was the hilariously delightful Bride and Prejudice! Thank you for bringing back such a fond memory and for being there to have made it happen to begin with. Also, a true friend knows and understands the hidden desires of our hearts - the Star Wars activity pack (for me, not Josh) has been lots of fun for everyone! Grandma Katie spent the better part of an afternoon on the lenticular puzzle.

And, oh, my sweet, sweet Katie: movie popcorn and Reese's pieces - two delicious flavors that combine to make THE best movie watching snack on the earth. Thank you for being my true BNF and for going with me to see all the movies that Joey and Drew had no interest in. I cannot express all the gratitude in my heart for the dear friendship that we share. But mostly, thank you for being the Reece's pieces to my popcorn! 

I am so lucky to have such amazing friends in my life - I cannot tell you how much it helped my little heart to have you guys remind of that. I sure do love you!


p.s. I'm sure you'd all like to see some pictures of josh, so here a few




Hanging with these wild and crazy guys at the aviary (it's actually a male and female - and she's telling Josh to back off).



There is a cool hiking trail up the road - this is Buttermilk Falls. 


The nerf gun wall in his Star Wars bedroom. It's still a work in progress - we hadn't unpacked all the guns yet when this photo was taken.



Look how long those legs are getting!


We have been having lots of fun at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum - here he is drying off after playing in the water room. We will definitely be taking friends there when they visit!





Camping with Grandma Katie and his cousins - this is one happy boy! 

He does miss his Memphis friends/cousins tho and brings them up all the time. One day we were sitting on the sofa and he stopped what he was doing (probably watching a minecraft video) and asked, "do you remember baby Freddy?" I replied that I did and he just sighed and said, "I love him."

Me too, little man, me too. We love all of our dear Memphis friends - I wish I weren't so lousy at keeping in touch. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! You got your stuff!! We all love you so much!! Love love love the pictures of josh! He looks so happy. And what a cool nerf gun board! Um, not sure if they put on the notes but I also preordered pride and prejudice and zombies that you can watch while you eat your treats. You are the one who introduced me to all those wonderful things. I can't even tell you how much you are missed. Loves and hugs ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, Katie, I'm such an airhead! The note did say that you preordered P&P&Z's, but I did not put it together that you ordered it for me! Haha, im such a maroon! I just thought you were telling me you had liked it so much you wanted to own it. I cannot wait to watch that proposal scene again. Such good times - I love you so much!

      Delete
  2. Oh it makes me so happy to read your words and see sweet Josh!! We miss you so much!! I love seeing Josh in some of the places our kids loved. Let me recommend the water steps when it gets hot, such a fun (free) place for Josh to splash and climb with a stellar city view. That gun wall is amazing!! Can't wait to see how the rest of the room turns out. We miss you dear friend. Hoping you find some new good souls to spend time with soon! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link: http://pittsburghmommyblog.com/2013/07/08/a-pisceans-dream-the-water-steps-in-the-northshore-riverfront-park/

    ReplyDelete