May 6, 2014

Blasted Jedi Training!

If you're reading this, you likely already know that the most exciting and disappointing thing about this trip was... Jedi Training. Aunt Shae made this awesome Countdown to Jedi Training paper chain. Going to Jedi training was all Josh could think about during the weeks before we left, and it was very useful for getting him to eat because he needed to be big and strong to make it at the Jedi Academy!





Despite arriving at registration super early, the Deck Officer informed us that we barely made it in time to participate in the final session of the day. We were relieved that he would still be able to train though. And then... the officer asked Josh's age. I confidently responded that Josh is 3, because I'd looked online for any age restrictions before ever booking the trip!

See there where it says "Age Interest" - PRESCHOOLERS?!

Needless to say, I was totally heartbroken when the man said that he needed to be FOUR! I'm sure I took it much harder than Josh did, but he did have a fairly emotional breakdown shortly after that over waiting in line to build a lightsaber (his consolation prize).

He had a really great time watching the other kids train though. I think he was stunned to see Darth Vader in real life. Here are some of the poorly captured shots I took with my phone while we were in the area.














Next time, Vader... you're doomed!










1 comment:

  1. I guess disappointments are character- building right? :-( but boo on Disney for not being more clear on their website! he will make a fine I said a fine Jedi. .... next time I guess!

    ReplyDelete